My mission: Help people and businesses to resolve their disputes efficiently and adequately.
My vision: Resolution of disputes is more than a legal affair, because the disputes even on a corporate level are between human beings.
My style: Evaluative mediator (involved with both the process and the content of the dispute).
My career: Practiced as a domestic and international trial lawyer for 30 years at Schut & Grosheide (now DLA Piper) in Amsterdam and Van Traa Advocaten in Rotterdam. Honorary justice with the Amsterdam Court of Appeal (civil and commercial chamber) from 2007 until 2016. Fulltime mediator and arbitrator since 2007.
- Primary and secondary schools in England and the Netherlands
- civil and commercial law degree from Law faculty Leyden University (1977)
- CEDR Mediator Skills training (2002)
Yearly average of between thirty and forty mediations and four arbitrations. The disputes related to
Professional negligence (accountants and solicitors)
- Mediator MfN, IMI, ICC, CEDR and CPR
- Arbitrator NAI, ICC, TAMARA, LCIA India, CIETAC China.
My personality: Enthusiastic, empathetic, quick-witted, legalistic, sense of humour.
My home-situation: Living together with my partner who is a nurse, 4 adult children, 4 grandchildren.
My hobbies : theatre, ballet, amateur acting, singing.